In my own experience, I have seen that to stay healthy, we should eat healthy food, means we should eat more fruits(fruit salad) more vegetables. Not only this we should do some physical exercises, mental exercise to keep ourselves physically and mentally fit.
But if one do good amount of walk on daily basis, do yoga in the morning and even do morning and evening Meditation(Vipassana Meditation)but not eat healthy food at all. Still he will get many benefits physically and mentally, but not as one should get, because I was doing the same thing.
I started my yoga in 1999 and Vipassana Meditation in 2000, got so many benefits, but was eating still not healthy food.
So I learned that by doing all these wonderful practices, I’m getting benefits, but not as much as I should get with the combination of healthy diet, Yoga, Meditation, walk, making myself busy physically and mentally by doing some productive things. The example of making busy physically; such as-Cooking, Cleaning, Gardening etc. Same way, we should make our mind busy by doing something productive; such as-Vipassana Meditation, Reading, Writing(means any mental work) When we do all these things and eat healthy diet, then we get more benefits.
1. Moong Dal Khichdi without Tadka
Moong Dal is everybody’s favorite and it should be, because it is more healthy than any other dal. But when we cook it with Tadka and put so many Spices in it, we don’t get much benefits from it.
Now when people are so busy with their day to day life, even they don’t have time to Cook. I found this Recipe for them, which anybody can make quickly. We should eat more Greens and fresh Vegetables, but some people don’t like to eat Vegetable at all.
Especially for those, who only like to Eat Dals, then I come up with this Moong Dal Khichdi Recipe, where they can add Vegetables of their own choice.
Today you’ll not only learn to make it without Tadka, but also I’ll teach you how to make it by adding so many Vegetables in it of your own choice, which make it more healthy and delicious.
Ingredients we Need are:
Serving is 4 persons
- Sabut moong 1/2 bowl after soaking it for 3 hours
- Vegetables; such as-Green beans, Zucchini, Lauki after soaking in the water for 3 hours and then chopped
- Fresh Coriander and Baby Spinach for Garnish
- Pour 2 bowls of water in the Pressure Cooker and also add Sabut Moong
- Add little bit Turmeric powder, Pink Salt and Black pepper to your own taste 3
- Give 5 whistles and let the steam release automatically
- Now add chopped vegetables and give two whistles. Let the steam release and then open
- If you think there is more water then add some Rice after washing and give two more whistles and open the lid after some time
- Now add Chopped fresh Coriander and baby spinach
- Serve it with Rice, Chapati and Paratha.
Benefits of Eating Moong Khichdi
- Fresh made at home
- You can make it in only in 15-20 minutes
- It is so healthy for all ages
- It is good when someone feels like sick
1. Weightloss Sabut Moong Dal Khichdi Recipe
This tasty & healthy Moong Dal(Green Lentils) khichdi is just about the greatest Indian comfort food, which I just added to my diet plan and benefiting from it.
You can also learn the same recipe to add in your diet to get not only benefits, but also you can lose your extra pounds by eating with the combination of other healthy diet.
I also added tons of veggies, which you can add according to your own like. Remember, here our main goal is to eat more vegetables, so please add as much as vegetables you can.
2. Satvik Moong Dal Khichdi without Oil
The Khichadi Recipe shown in this video is eaten by my family, which is very tasty and Nutritious as well.
- Need Sabut Moong
- Need Rice
- Any Vegetables to your own taste
- Pink Salt
- Steel Pressure Cooker
PREPARATION OF KHICHDI:-
- Soak all vegetables in water for two hours
- Wash moong and Rice 1/2 an hour ago
METHOD TO MAKE KHICHDI
- Without peeling all Vegetables, if you have to then take out very thin skin, chop all in small
- Chop fresh Coriander Separately, because we are going to use it at the end
- Now switch on your Stove on high flame and put pressure cooker on it
- Wash Whole moong again and put in the pressure cooker and add enough water for vegetables as well
- Put Pink Salt to taste and close the lid
- Give 5 Whistles and wait to release the pressure automatically
- Open the lid and stir to put all chopped vegetables and if needed, add more water
- Now give 1-2 whistles and let the pressure release itself
- Open the lid and add chopped Coriander and serve hot with plain Yogurt and Green Chutney.
Whole Green Moong Dal Recipe
Moong Dal is not only easy to make, but also so yummy and beneficial for our health.
When one feels heavy and doesn’t like to eat anything else, then moong dal soup is really good and even you can make moong dal Khichdi.
How to Grow Moong Greens without Soil?
Sabut Moong is very beneficial for health, especially Khichdi of moong dal, which is good, when someone is sick or feeling heavy.
Moong greens are even more better than using as regular whole moong.