Beautiful Roses are a symbol of beauty and health. Rose hips remain on the plant after rose blooms fade. Rose hips are the fruit, or seed pods, of rose plants. All roses should produce hips, though rugosa roses—native shrub rose species—are said to have the best-tasting hips. These hips are also generally the largest and most abundant.
Rose Hips are tiny jewels bestow, a wealth of medicine to those, who take time to harvest them. They are easy to dry in baskets or paper bags. You can use them into a delicious tea that is rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
What are Rose Hips?
You might have notice or not, one lesser known part of the rose is the round, seed filled, bulbs known as rose hips, which are found underneath rose petals. These rose hips also called fruit of the Rose Plant. Other names include dog rose fruit, hip berries, hip fruit, hop fruit, and brier hip. Usually they are red-orange, though yellow and black varieties can also be found.
The fruit begins to form in early summer, and ripens in the late summer through autumn. The rose hips come in two varieties – Rosa gallica and Rosa canina, which are native to Asia, Europe, and North Africa. The fruit is usually harvested either about a week after the first frost or in late fall. Once the rosebud falls off the fruit of the plant emerges, a beautiful ruby red berry that is one of the most nutritionally packed fruits of any plant.
The rose family (Rosaceae) is a large clan of dozens of species and thousands of hybrids. It is one of the most famous flowers in the world prized for its beauty and fragrance.
Rosehip oil is harvested from the seeds of rose bushes, and is full of vitamins, antioxidants, and essential fatty acids that supposedly do wonderful things for your face.
Health Benefits of Rose Hips
Rose Hips are the fruits of the wild rose plant and they are edible! They have been traditionally used for their medicinal properties. The reason that rose hips are so popular is because they are extremely effective in treating a wide variety of health conditions.
- Frontier Co-op Rosehips (Rosa canina), are also called rose haw or rose hep. These seeds are commonly used in syrups, jellies, jams, beverages, teas, and bread. They’re widely available in various forms such as whole and powdered.
- Rosehips are utilized in different ways and have been used in cooking for thousands of years. They act as a flavoring or condiment, as they are commonly mixed into tea, jellies, jams, syrups, marmalades, pies, bread
- They also serve as great decor for a range of DIY crafts and projects!
- LORAL – Frontier Co-op Rosehips are berry-like fruits with a tangy taste. They are not like roses at all; they are almost the same as hibiscus flowers when it comes to aroma and scent. They offer a distinct flavor combination of fruits and spices.
- Rose hips can be cooked to extract the juice for jams and jellies. The juice can be strained and used immediately
- Rose hips are rich in antioxidants that can help protect against cell damage from free radicals
- Boost Immune System: Rose hips have an impressive amount of vitamin C, which is one of the best components to boost the immune system. Vitamin C stimulates white blood cells and is also essential for the prevention of asthma and the general health of the respiratory system.
- Skin Care: Who don’t want good blemish-free, and youthful skin? We all want. right? To get glowing skin, we should eat healthy food, do some exercises and we can use good quality cream. The astringent quality of rose hips keeps the skin elastic, so it doesn’t develop wrinkles. It eliminates the flaws easily, heals the burns and scars, and makes the skin look younger and vibrant at the same time.
Best Rose Hips Tea Brands 2021
Onno Behrends rosehip tea comes in a 4.8 ounce box. Onno Behrends tea is all natural. There are 50 tea bags in each box. The box is very attractive and appealing to the eye not a lot of clutter.
Milford and Onno Behrends on more than 100 years of tea experience to their origins located in East Friesland, with Its strong, stand alone tea culture. Under the Motto “small is beautiful” embodies the brand Onno Behrends East Frisian tea culture.
|Flavor||Rose Hips with Hibiscus Tea|
|Caffeine Content||Caffeine Free|
- Supports everyday wellness.
- Non-GMO Verified. All Ingredients Certified Organic. Kosher. Caffeine Free.
- Consistently high-quality herbs from ethical trading partnerships.
- Taste: Fruity, tangy and refreshing.
- Case of six boxes, each box containing 16 sealed tea bags (96 total tea bags).
- TANGY FLAVOR – Organic Rose Hips Tea has a delicate, balanced taste that is immune-boosting and refreshingly tangy. Unlike tart vitamin C lozenges, though, this herbal tea has a balanced flavor with that can be enjoyed any time, all year long.
- HEALTH BENEFITS – This organic herbal tea is an excellent source of vitamins C, with antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory properties. It’s also flavonoid-rich, GMO-free, and refreshing.
- ORGANIC – Our Organic Rose Hips Tea is prepared using bleach-free tea bags to provide you with a truly high-quality tea experience without the risk of added chemicals. It’s made with no artificial colors, preservatives, or additives.
- STEEPING INSTRUCTIONS – Because some of rose hips’ vitamin C can diminish in heat, please use water no hotter than 180° F to make your cup of Rose Hips Tea. Steep as long as you like; the smooth flavor will not bitter, even up to a 10-minute soak.
- BUDDHA TEAS – Crafted without additives, using only organic or wild-harvested ingredients, we believe in living harmoniously with nature, not using it for profit. Our boxes are 100% recycled material, making our teas good for the earth and you!
Rose Hips are the fruit of the rose bush, which appear after the flowers have withered; all roses produce them. They are small, hard, red berries with many seeds, and wonderful tart flavour.
It has a lovely flavor and is a great alternative to buying rose hips in bulk and steeping them!
Twinings of London Herbal Holiday Tea – 1 Box, 20 Count Organic – Blend of Rosehip, Hibiscus, Orange and Blackberry Leaves, Apple Pieces, Liquorice Root, and Berry Fruit – Irresistible Flavor. FRUITY FLAVOR TEA – Lift up your spirit this season with the irresistible fruit flavors of this mouthwatering tea. Twining herbal tea comes in Berry flavor is the perfect way to help make the holiday season irresistible.
- A fruity and tart herbal tea made from organic rose hips and hibiscus. Rich in Vitamin C and natural anitoxidants.
- Contains no sugar, artificial colors, artificial flavors or preservatives
- 100% Certified USDA Organic, 100% Caffeine Free, 100% Gluten Free, 100% Calorie Free, 100% Sugar Free, 100% Good for You
- 1 box containing 20 tea bags
- Ingredients: Organic Rose Hips, Organic Hibiscus Flower.
Davidson’s Tea Rosehips, 100-Count Tea Bags. Potent organic herb with numerous health benefits.
|Caffeine Content||Caffeine Free|
Since 1974 Herbal Teas Created by Herbalists Naturally Caffeine Free Herbal Tea Herbal Supplement Non GMO Project Verified UDSA Organic Kosher Certified B Corporation Certified by the California Certified Organic Farmers (CCOF) All Ingredients Certified Organic Personality – Generous, hearty and sassy. Herbal power- Tantalizes the taste buds and used for millennia to support everyday wellness.
Reasons to love – In ancient Anglo-Saxon tradition, rose hips were strung together and worn by the hopefully to attract love. Legend has it that raiding Vikings fortified themselves with these berry-like fruits while invading foreign lands. During World War II, British children took doses of rose hip syrup when fresh foods were scarce. Today, we enjoy drinking it as a healthy beverage.
Starwest Botanicals Organic Rosehips Cut Seedless, 1-pound Bag. Dried herbs, organic herbs, bulk spices, loose leaf organic teas, organic essential oils and aromatherapy supplies are part of the nearly 3000 natural products to choose from at Starwest Botanicals.
- Teekanne Rosehip Flower Tea
- Pack of 3
- From Europe
Dried Rose Buds& Petals Red – 1 Pound Edible Flowers – Use in Tea, Baking, Making Rose Water, Crafting, Wedding Confetti – Included Sample Bottle of Rose Absolute Essential Oil. RICH FRAGRANCE – Natural rose scent makes these ideal for use in potpourris and sachets (for freshening a wardrobe or a room), in making bath soaps, bath bombs, shampoos, rose water toner and other cosmetics, or for infusing in facial masks or eye pillows.
Herbal Power: Supports everyday wellness. Taste: Fruity, tangy and refreshing. Plant Story: The oblong fruits of the Rosa canina rosebush, called “hips,” are herbal mainstays, even featured in syrups during times of war when fresh foods were scarce. After the petals of the rose’s iconic flower drop off, the hips begin to form. Our partner growers then harvest them by hand at the peak of ripeness.
Yogi Tea, Soothing Rose Hibiscus – Skin DeTox, 16 Count. FLAVOR: Yogi Soothing Rose Hibiscus Skin DeTox tea combines Red Rose Petal and Hibiscus Flower for a brightly floral and lightly sweet blend.
- Ahmad Tea of London draws upon knowledge and experience gained from three generations of family activity in all areas of the tea trade from plantations to blending and packaging.
- Each box includes 20 tea bags with hanging tags that are wrapped individually in foil to preserve the aroma and flavor
- Naturally caffeine free
- Sugar Free
- Rich in antioxidants
- Enjoy many cups, hot or cold, anytime of day or night.
The Tao of Tea Rose Hips, Certified Organic Herbal Tea, 1-Pounds. Fruity and slightly tart, with a mild, honey-like sweetness and aromatic undertones reminiscent of cranberries.
Tealyra – Pure Rosehips – Loose Leaf Tea – Healthy Drink – Vitamen Rich – Caffeine-Free – 100% Natural – Hot or Iced
- The rosehip is the fruit of a mature rose plant, also known as “rose haw” or “rose hep”. Rosehips begin to grow after pollination of the flowers in spring or early summer, and ripen in late summer through autumn.
- Rosehips are featured in many of our herbal blends and have been included in many traditional herbal teas for their health properties. Rosehips are rich in vitamin C, in fact- it is one of the most potent plant sources of vitamin C, and studies show they contain 50% more vitamin C than oranges!
- The fruit acids and pectin present in Rosehip tea is used as a mild diuretic and laxative. It is beneficial to improve, and relieve the symptoms of kidney disorders, and helps in cases of mild constipation.
- Our Pure Rosehips has a mild aroma similar to goji berries and brown sugar. Once steeped, our Pure Rosehips tea brews up a mild, clear-amber infusion that has a light sweet taste similar to dried cranberry. It is pleasant, mild and refreshing!
Harney & Sons Indigo Punch, 2 oz Loose Leaf Tea w/ Butterfly Pea Flower with Rose Hips, Apple Pieces, and Raspberry
- Colorful and full of crisp, fruity flavors, Our new indigo punch combines the delicate tang of rosehips and apple pieces with the earthy tones of a gorgeous Butterfly pea flower
- Caffeine Free
- 2 ounces of loose tea, enough to brew 15 to 20 cups of tea
- Bright lemongrass, lemon peel, and vivid raspberry round out the palate of this beautiful brew, along with natural honey flavor for a touch of sweetness.
- Harney & Sons is a proud member of 1% for the Planet.
Fermentaholics USDA Certified Organic Dried Rose Hips – Perfect For Kombucha Brewing. Elevate your Kombucha Brew! When It Comes To Brewing Kombucha, Not All Teas Are Created Equal. Fermentaholics Teas And Tea Blends Are Superior Quality And Made With Kombucha Brewers In Mind, Which Brews Consistently Better Kombucha. Healthier Growth, Premium Taste, Aroma, And Flavor.