I am 100% sure, you will love this Punjabi couscous salad recipe, which is loaded with nutrition and flavor from different kind of fresh vegetables; such as-Cucumber, tomato, coriander, spinach, mint, Carrot and Radish. This versatile dish makes a great healthy light breakfast, lunch, light supper, or side dish depending on what you need.
You can also make couscous salad, when you have unexpected guests in your home. One day both me and my husband, we went to Ikea store to purchase some stuff for our home and after us guests came to our home. They rang the bell 2-3 time and then made phone call to us. We came to home and they spent that time in nearby Costco Store.
We came and quickly I made couscous salad, luckily already I had Mint chutney, which I made in the morning.
True be honest they really love it and all couscous salad and mint chutney was finished. After a month their daughter in law message me for the recipe of this Couscous Salad.
In my family, we all love this couscous salad and almost once a week, we eat this salad in our breakfast. This way by adding so many vegetables in our salad, we can eat enough vegetables.
You can serve this salad in any time of the day and at any temperature. Kids, teenagers and Seniors, all age groups love this salad, because it is not only healthy, but also so easy to eat and digest.
Couscous Salad is the perfect balance of nutrition from fiber and vitamin-rich veggies. If you ask me, this is a power-house little dish!
I love to have a ton of fresh herbs right outside in my backyard Garden, because I use a lot in all my Indian dishes and these type of Salads. So In winter due to Snow here in Canada, I from the Grocery store, when I can’t grow in Winter due to chilled weather. They’re so delicious in summer recipes like this couscous salad, but I’m so fortunate to get all these fresh herbs and vegetables in Indian Grocery stores, when I don’t have available in my own Garden.
Punjabi Couscous Salad is full of bright fresh flavors with a tasty and easy homemade dressing!
Fresh Vegetables are the star of this recipe! Diced cucumbers, juicy tomatoes, Radish, Coriander, Baby Spinach, Carrots and mint give this salad the perfect crunch and taste at the same time. Add in your favorites while trying to keep a variety of colors and textures.
This vegetarian side dish celebrates the use of fresh and flavorful ingredients with each bite delivering a burst of flavor.
Punjabi Couscous Salad Recipe Ingredients
This one is made with fine tender couscous, a rich olive oil dressing, and the perfect pairing of bright tomatoes, cucumbers and and so many herbs. Here you got lots of nutritious ingredients in this tasty salad that you’ll feel great about eating! It makes a great lunch, breakfast or delicious side dish.
Below is a complete detail of the ingredients that make this couscous salad recipe one of the best and tasty salad recipes:
- 1 cup dry couscous (Moroccan style)
- 1 cup water
- Pink Himalayan Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1-2 spoons of Extra Virgin olive oil,
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- One English cucumber
- 1/2 cup of baby spinach
- Some fresh Coriander
- 1-2 Green Chilly optional
- One Red Carrot
- One small size tomato
- Some fresh mint
How to Cook Couscous
- Bring two cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan and put couscous into it after washing it. Add a pinch of Pink Salt and black pepper. Cook it just for 4-5 minutes on medium flame. Then it’s ready to add into the salad once cooled on the Room temperature
- Switch off the stove and fluff with a fork and let it cool about 10-15 minutes in a salad bowl (toss occasionally if possible to reduce sticking).
- Meanwhile prepare remaining salad ingredients.
- Wash all vegetables in the running water and if needed you can peel very thin and radish only.
- Grate all these vegetables; such as-cucumber, radish, broccoli and carrot. Chop your herbs; such as-Coriander, Mint and spinach.
How to Make Couscous Salad
- Step 1: In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice.
- Add some black pepper, Pink salt
- Add all grated vegetables
- Add all Chopped herbs
- Mix everything nicely by tossing
- Salad is ready to serve and enjoy in your breakfast, lunch or even in dinner.
How Long Does Couscous Salad Last?
Like any pasta salad, couscous salad can last about couple of days in the refrigerator. But I will not recommend to keep it or use it after a day. Make it fresh, whenever you want to eat, because chopped vegetables loose their Nutrition value after chopping it. So the best idea is to make it fresh at the same time, when you need it.
I will never recommend to freeze couscous salad at all, because freezing pasta will result in a mushy texture once it is thawed out. But this salad is so easy to make, why not make a fresh every time?
Health Benefits of Punjabi Couscous Salad
- This dish is easy to prepare, filled with fresh veggies, and topped with a homemade tangy dressing
- This salad is delicious when eaten straight away, but you can also make the salad, cover it and refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
- Very light, fresh and good, when you feel heavy
- You can cook it quickly in rush time to take for your office
- It is very nutritious due to so many vegetables in this salad.
- It’s so fast! Couscous takes just about 5 minutes to make! While the couscous cooks and cools, get all of the veggies washed and chopped and the entire dish is ready in about 10 minutes.