Hello friends, today I brought another healthy Snacks Recipe for all of you. Eating healthy food is the most important thing to make us healthy. While eating healthy, still sometimes, we like to eat something salty and krara. But I will never suggest to eat Restaurant made Samosa, Pakoras and even Tikkis.
This Tikki is made from all Natural and healthy Ingredients. I used only few home ground spices.
First we will discuss about health benefits of these Ingredients that I used in this Recipe.
1. Health Benefits of Oats
- Oats May Protect Your Heart and Your Colon
- Oats Make an Easy, Balanced Breakfast
- . Oats Provide Important Vitamins and Minerals
- Oats Are Gluten-Free
- Oats are rich in carbs & fiber. Also Oats are higher in protein and fat than most other grains. They are very high in many vitamins and minerals
- Oats are high in the soluble fiber beta-glucan and it helps to reduce cholesterol and blood sugar levels. Also it promotes healthy gut bacteria & increases feelings of fullness.
2. Health Benefits of Potatoes
Potatoes are a versatile root vegetable like beet root, so we can use them in our diet due to health benefits from root vegetables.
- Contain Antioxidants: Potatoes are a good source of antioxidants. So they can help to reduce the risk of chronic diseases like heart disease, diabetes etc.
- Improve Digestive Health: Resistant starch in potatoes is a source of nutrition for beneficial gut bacteria
- Potatoes are a good source of many vitamins and minerals, including Potassium, Folate, and Vitamins C and B6.
- Boiled Potatoes are low in calories and fat, and their high fiber content helps you feel full
- Reduce Inflammation: It is believed that potatoes soothe stomach and duodenum ulcers and reduce stomach acidity. They may also relieve the inflammation associated with arthritis
- potatoes can help regulate blood pressure, if you eat proper way; such as by boiling, baked and in vegetable soups etc. But don’t use and eat Potatoes in French fries, chips and all the processed junk food
Potato Oats Tikki Recipe
Potato Oats Tikkis are vegan, gluten-free, and also dairy-free. They are a great snack as it is by garnishing fresh coriander, onion, sauces of your taste and plain homemade yogurt. But they are also great for chai time. These tikkis are soft as well as crispy at the same time due to oats flour.
These Tikkis are super easy to make and incredibly delicous at the same time. They are so Yummy that everybody is going to like them, Just try one time, then you’re going make them again and again, because they are full with flavours without adding any special spices.
Ingredients for Oats Tikki
Total 4 Tikkis
- Boil one potato in pressure cooker for 4 whistles
- Clean and wash your 8-9 fresh beans
- Wash fresh coriander
Make Oats Aloo Tikki:
- Peel the potato and grate it
- Chop the coriander
- Chop the fresh beans
- Chop or grate one banana pepper(you can use another chilly)
- Chop Small one to 2 Radish for garnish and keep aside
- Put 1/2 spoon turmeric powder
- Put 1/2 spoon cumin powder
- Put 1/2 spoon coriander powder
- Put Himalayan Pink salt according to taste
HOW TO MAKE POTATO OATS CUTLETS/TIKKI?
- Mix all the Ingredients
- To make dough, you can use little bit normal water
- When the dough is ready, divide it in 4 balls
- Switch on the stove and when your non stick fry pan is hot. apply little bit cooking oil(extra virgin olive oil)
- Take one bowl and spread it little with hands and place it gently in fry pan
- You can place all tikkis all together or twice
- Turn them after a minute and press gently with spatula
- When they are ready, serve them with tea or as it is
TIPS TO SERVE POTATO OATS TIKKIS
- If you serve these tikkis with tea, then don’t garnish them, just eat with Green home made chutney or sauce
- If you are eating as it is, then you can garnish with, chopped coriander, chopped onion(optional)grated radish and on the top spread some plain yogurt and green chutney or sauce
- I hope, you’ll like this recipe, if you like please share it with your family friends!