Any day of the week or especially, when you’re in rush, a warm bowl of oats is a delicious and really comforting! But deciding which kind of oats are more healthier, more satisfying, and more Tastier?
Before we cook oats, we should know the difference between oats and oatmeal. Oats are among the healthiest grains on earth and are among the top choices for breakfast. They are gluten-free whole grain and a great source of important vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
All oats begin as groats, or kernels of grain that are later processed into different varieties.
Studies show that oats and oatmeal have many health benefits.
What is the difference between oats and oatmeal?
- Whole Grain Oats: Oats are the whole grains or kernels that are the seed of the oat plant, while oatmeal rarely mention to the cereal or porridge made by cooking processed oats. Oats refer to whole grain oats, which are cylindrical in shape and are in raw and unprocessed form. Oat groats, the most intact and whole form of oats, take a long time to cook. For this reason, most people prefer rolled, crushed or steel-cut oats.
2. Instant(Processed) Oats: Instant (quick) oats are the most highly processed variety. Oatmeal is typically rolled oats and is cut thinly so that they can be cooked within a few minutes. While they take the shortest time to cook, that’s why some people prefer to use these to Save their time.
I prefer Whole Grain Oats and I use everything wholegrain and try my best to avoid processed food.
How to Cook Oats for Breakfast?
Oats are commonly eaten for breakfast, which is made by boiling oats in water or milk. Oatmeal is often referred to as porridge.
Oat Groats: The whole oat kernels that have been cleaned, with only the loose, inedible hulls removed. Groats contain the intact germ, endosperm, and bran.
Health Benefits of Oats
Oats contain several components that have been proposed to exert health benefits. These include weight loss, lower blood sugar levels
- Weight Loss: Beta-glucan fiber attracts water and increases the viscosity (or thickness) of digested food, which increases the volume of food in the gut. This slows down digestion and the rate that nutrients are absorbed, which in turn increases satiety. Oats can keep you feeling fuller longer, thereby helping you control your weight.
- Oats Make an Quick Balanced Breakfast: One cup of cooked oatmeal contains about 150 calories, four grams of fiber (about half soluble and half insoluble), and six grams of protein.
- Oats Are Gluten-Free: Oats are naturally gluten-free. Pure oats are gluten-free, but most commercial brands are processed in facilities that also produce gluten-containing wheat, rye, and barley. but check with manufacturers to ensure that their products are not made using the same equipment as other potentially contaminating grains.
Oats Bowl Recipe Video
The grain refers specifically to the edible seeds of oat grass, which is what ends up in our breakfast bowls. A breakfast favorite, cooked oats pair well with fruits, nuts, and seeds. Follow package directions for exact cooking times. Generally, less-processed oats such as steel-cut take 25-30 minutes to cook, whereas instant oats take 1-2 minutes.
This healthy oatmeal recipe is so easy & instant. This recipe you make in only 2 minutes, delicious and also great for vegan meal prep! Quick and easy recipes that will make your breakfast healthier.
They’re also often included in muffins, granola bars, cookies and other baked goods.
Here in this recipe, I used Instant Oats.
How to Make Oats Smoothie?
Today in this Video you, you’ll learn to make Oats Smoothie, which can replace your Breakfast with this Ultra healthy smoothie. It is so easy to make only in 2 minutes.
Needed Ingredients are:
- One frozen banana just for 4 hours
- Three Dates after removing their seeds
- 1/2 spoon Unpasteurized honey
- 1/2 Ripen pear
- One inch carrot
- 1/2 Glass Drinking water
Process to Make Smoothie
- Put everything together in blender jug and blend for couple of minutes until everything becomes smooth and thick paste
- Enjoy Breakfast smoothie and don’t eat anything else for 2 hours
- Benefits of Smoothie:
- It is so easy to make
- Takes only 2 minutes to make and keeps you full for at least 2 hours
- Used ingredients can be find in our own Kitchen
- Makes you healthy and Energetic.