2018 Small Backyard Garden Tour
It’s the end of June, 2018 and due to more Cold here in Canada, we can start growing our plants little late than hot countries.
I wanted to take a little time and give you a tour of my ‘Backyard Garden‘.
Some Pictures from my Backyard Garden 2018
What’s growing on in the garden in June 2018?
This year, most of the Part is Perennial Shrubs and only few annual plants are there in my Backyard Garden, because Perennials come back each year.
Why to Grow Perennials?
- They Offer an enormous Variety of Colors, texture and form
- They save your time and Money, because most of them they come back each year with more growth and big roots, so this way you not only save your time, but also save money by planting these hassle-free plants
- Most beautiful perennial flowers are perfect for any Garden—either small or big and either front Garden or Backyard Garden
- When these Plants establish, they need very little attention and give you a blossoming backyard, which can increase the Resale Value of your Home.
Which Herbs do I have in my Backyard Garden in 2018?
- Onion Chives
- Two kinds of Basil
- Green Chili
- Methi Leaves
- Mustard Leaves
- Chick Pea Leaves
- Watermelon Wines
While the idea of growing your own fruits and vegetables include some Shrubs in your own Backyard is extremely beneficial.
Have you ever eaten Vegetables and fruits from Your own backyard?
If yes, then for sure you know the difference of taste between from the Grocery Store and from your own Garden.
There are so many benefits of growing your own fruits and Vegetables that are given below:
The Benefits of Backyard Gardening
- Eat Fresh and Healthy: The vitamin and nutrient levels in fruits and vegetables are more, when they come straight from the Garden to your Kitchen, because nowadays the fruits and vegetable, which we Buy, most of them come from many other Countries and it takes long time to reach to us and of course they are not fresh, when we Buy them
- Kids learn about Vegetables and Family Hobby: When our Kids saw us growing our Herbs in our own Garden, they learn about them and they start eating them. Gardening is a fun and family friendly activity, which allow kids to get their hands dirty and learn where their food come from
- More tasty and Delicious: Home grown Vegetables are more tasty and delicious rather than buying from the Market. Their skin is so Soft that you don’t have to even peel them
- Enjoy and feel Confident: When you grow your own Fruits and Vegetables, you feel good and Confident by growing them successfully
- Save your Money and Time: Growing your own Vegetables can Save your Money, if not, because there are some expenses to grow your own Food; for example-Soil, Water, Seeds and Seedlings. Comparatively buying from the Market it gives you many other Benefits; for example: you don’t have to go to Gym, because when you work in the Garden; for example- digging and pulling out weeds, growing, harvesting, watering. There is much physical work, which is good Physical exercise and also free
- Sun Bath: When we work early morning in the Garden, we can have a Sun bath at the same time, while doing work for our Garden and that is so good for us according to Ayurveda
- Free from Pesticides: Growing your own fruits and vegetables can offer you the opportunity to reduce the amount of pesticides or no Pesticides at all as I don’t use any Pesticide in my Garden, but use only Homemade Pesticide to Control Bugs.
- Sense of Appreciation: When you grow plants and Vegetables, then your friends and relatives, which come to your Home, they like your Garden and appreciate your hard work and especially when you give fruits and vegetables to them, they love it
- New Interests: Really believe me, since I’m planting some vegetables and when they produce fruits and flowers, I feel like I’m blessed with a lot of Luck of having them and Enjoy eating and seeing them
- Growing food is Simple and Easy: Yes there should be some kind of interest, then only you can work in the Garden, otherwise it is Simple and Easy, anybody can learn by doing it
- Make your Yard Inviting: Vegetable and fruit garden can add life, Color and Beauty to your Backyard. The smell of beautiful flowers and the sight of crisp Cucumbers are a warm invitation to people and pollinators alike.