AdSense is a free, simple way to earn money ? by displaying ads next to your Online content. With AdSense, you can show relevant and engaging ads to your Website visitors and even customize the look and feel of ads to match your site, so they look more beautiful and blend with the Content.
Google AdSense Beginners Guide
Google AdSense is a free service offered by Google for publishers to monetize their web content. A publisher can be anyone with a blog, Website, Youtube channel or other allowed online property. AdSense has always been the most popular ways to monetize the content & stepping stone for people, who want to earn online.
The interesting fact is; countless users are making a living out of income Online nowadays. But some make thousands, some hundreds and some are not making anything at all. But there is competition a lot for Making money Online.
What is AdSense?
AdSense is a program that allows bloggers and website owners to make money by displaying Google ads. You’ve probably seen the ads all over the place, including in Google search results
Google AdSense is an advertising program, which allows users to run ads on your website, blog, or YouTube videos and get paid when visitors click on them. The ads are generated from businesses that use Google’s AdWords program that you feed using a special AdSense code onto your blog or or a Website.
Google Adsense is a CPC (cost-per-click) advertising program that allows publishers (anyone wanting to put ads on their websites) to insert a small amount of HTML into their sites and have ads appear that are targeted and relevant to the content of the site.
For new websites or blogs, the Google AdSense program can be one of the fastest ways to generate income, which is why it’s so popular.
There are two ways to make money from AdSense:
- Impressions – this is based on the number of pageviews of pages or posts with ads on your Blog or Website
- Clicks – This is based on how many people click on the ads on your Website Pages
Difference Between Google Adsense/Google Ads
Google Ads is Google’s pay-per-click advertising platform that is directly related to AdSense. In effect, AdSense wouldn’t exist without Google Ads. However, they’re not really the same thing.
The main difference between the two platforms is in, who uses it and for what?
Google Ads is used by advertisers, who want to promote their products or services, to create ads that can appear both on Google sites (including YouTube) and on webpages and third-party applications that have enrolled in the Google AdSense program.
Google AdSense, on the other hand, is used by website owners or content creators, who want to monetize their sites by adding advertising spaces on their website. This will allow them to use the ads advertisers created through Google Ads and get paid ??for doing it.
What do I need to sign up?
Signing up for Google AdSense is very easy. All you need is a Google Gmail account, your own blog with Original content, a phone number and address, which can be your home address.
Fill the Google AdSense Sign Up form.
How Does AdSense Work?
The whole process is quite simple. You create an AdSense account, insert a small amount of code into your website – and that’s all you need to start.
Create an AdSense account, start displaying ads on your website and get paid for clicks on your ads.
How to Monetize a Blog/Website?
- There are several ways to monetize a blog or a website; such as Affiliate Marketing, One of the most popular methods for monetizing a blog is to leverage affiliate marketing. Affiliate Marketing, which is the best, in my opinion to Make Money Online, even when your Site is getting very less traffic. If you want to Know, How to Make Money with Affiliate Marketing, then? Read This Article.
- Email marketing
- You can Sell eBooks
- Sell Digital Products
- And One of them is Google AdSense Ads. Google launched its AdSense program, originally named content targeting advertising in March 2003 according to Wikipedia. You have to Create Google AdSense Account and ? Google AdSense Sign Up. Then Login to Google AdSense.
- Not only you can use Google adsense on your Blog, but also you can use it on YouTube Channel.
As in the above list, you have read that there are many ways to monetize your website/Blog , and most of them are related to advertising third-party products or services to your website visitors.
So it means there are many advertising programs, which can help you earn money, but the most popular is Google AdSense, which is very old Program and started in 2003.
Tips to Make Money with Google Adsense
1. Right Type of Website
Particular types of sites perform better than other Websites, when it comes to Generate Revenue with Google AdSense. You need good amount of Traffic and Good Quality Content to make money with Google AdSense.
If your Content is valuable, then Customers come repeatedly to read it, because they are getting value from it. For example, if someone wants to learn to cook Shahi Paneer, then Shahi Paneer Recipe is evergreen content article.
Blogs are perfect to attract New and repeated Visitors.
2. Need Lots of Traffic on your Website
If you want to make money with Google AdSense, then your Site needs really Goog Traffic, otherwise your site will make pennies only. There are many ways to increase Blog Traffic; such as-Through Social Media(Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook etc) Second way is Organic Traffic; such as-when people search on Google, Bing etc and they find your Article and reach to your site. This is Organic Traffic. My both Blogs; Recipeswithmore and Easebedding.com get mostly Organic Traffic. Third way is Paid Ads, which I don’t use.
3. Use Different Types of Ad Units
While using Ad Units, don’t use the same ad unit, instead try different Ad Units. Such as-Display Ads, In-feed Ads, In-article Ads, Link Ads. My favorite one is link ads.
How much one can Make ? with Google AdSense?
Some people can earn a full-time income from AdSense alone. But it takes a LONG time to get there, and you have to have a ton of traffic to earn full-time Income from Google AdSense.
Some ads are worth more money per click than others. This is also affected by the amount of traffic you get, the keywords the person searched for, the percentage of visitors who click on a particular ad, etc. There are a LOT of factors that determine how much you’ll make, but a rule of thumb is that newer blogs simply won’t make as much money.
How Can I Make More Money from AdSense?
By doing experiments, you can learn to make more money with Google AdSense with your same Traffic for your any Blog. Basically I’m Blogging for last 7 Years by the time of writing this article(Date September 11, 2020) but I was not using AdSense Ads on my Blogs, because I monetized my Site Ease Bedding Dot Com with Amazon Affiliate Links and I was making really good amount of Money for my, even one site from $600 to 900 monthly and in Festival months much more, even $2000 USD.
But now when Amazon reduced Affiliate Commision a lot, so I don’t make money like before. Then I started to use Google AdSense Ads on my both sites. I was using Auto Ads, but made around $50 in one month. Now for last couple of days, I started to use ad units. I am using all- Display ads, In-feed Ads, In-article ads and also Link Ads. In my below article, you can see ‘How I used link ads in it under the Heading’ Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to start a WordPress Blog’
Do experiments by Placing AdSense Ads
I think, the best way to success with AdSense is having the ability to experiment with what works best for your site?
Try the Size of your Ads, Change the Color your Ad Units, Inserting Banner Ads into your text.
I’ve seen drastic change in my earnings. Even in one week, same traffic and same site made $32.99, which is $17.51 increase vs previous 7 days.
So try different kind of ads. You can choose within AdSense to either restrict an ad unit to Images or allow both text and image ads. By using both types of ads will give AdSense a deeper pool of ads to choose from, and should in-turn increase your click through rates and earnings.
Link Ads are underused AdSense options that have the potential to out-earn so much money for your site. By placing link units on a page you can give your site a quick and effective ad revenue boost and I love this type of ads, because they are so neat and clean and even look Awesome. I don’t mind to use link ads on my site pages.
Never Do to Earn from Google AdSense
1. Never, ever click your own ads. In case you aren’t aware, Google pretty much knows everything. And they can tell if you’re clicking your own ads. It’s very tempting to click about 50 times and make some money, but all it will do is result in being banned.
2. Never, ever encourage friends or family to click your ads. Same as above. You can be banned from AdSense, and don’t ever think Google won’t figure it out. I don’t know how they do it, but I have seen it happen to people I know.
3. Pay attention to your ad clicks. If you average 2 clicks a day and you suddenly get 100 clicks in a day, chances are that something is wrong. If you’ve pissed someone off and they decide to fight back by clicking all over the place, you can get banned even though you didn’t do anything.
Benefits of Using Google AdSense
- It’s free to join.
- Eligibility requirements are easy, which means you can monetize your website or blog even when it’s new.
- There is a variety of ad options and several that you can customize to fit the look and feel of your site.
- Google pays monthly by direct deposit if you meet the $100 threshold.
- You can run ads on several websites from one AdSense account.
- There are options to run ads on mobile devices and RSS feeds.
- You can easily add it to your Blogger and YouTube accounts, although with YouTube, you’ll need to have at least 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 hours of watch time to run AdSense on your videos
- High level of security, safety and transparency for both advertisers and publishers. This is another good feature of AdSense.
- A huge number of publishers and advertisers. As of today, over 10 million websites are using it.
Types of AdSense Ads
My AdSense Earnings on September 8, 2020
I think most of Websites can use Google AdSense, still there are some types, which perform better to running Adsense ads on them
Let’s take a quick look at which types of websites are best for Adsense:
- Blogs – One of the most common ones are Blog; such as-Recipeswithmore.com. If you are a blogger and you are consistently publishing high-quality content to an audience, then Google AdSense ads may be a great way to monetize your content.
- Forums – Instead of writing blog posts, forums are a great way for people to interact around a topic and at the same time also generating some Adsense revenue.
- Free Online Tool – If you run a site that offers a free tool or service, one way to offset the costs is with ads.
How to Create an AdSense Account & How does it Work?
Step 1 – Create an Account with Google AdSense
The first step is to go to the Google AdSense website and create an account. Your AdSense account is associated with a Google Account like the one you use to login to Gmail or youtube, for YouTube Channel.
Step 2 – Place Adsense ads to your website Pages
Before being accepted to the program, Google needs to check that your website adheres to the AdSense guidelines. To pass this step, you need to add AdSense code to your site so that the Google crawler can access your website’s content.
Step 3 – Set up your payment information
The next and final process in the application process is to add your payment information so that you receive payment and the end of the month and once you passed the minimum threshold of $100.
Once you are accepted into the program, the next step is to add the AdSense code to your website. This is the same step as above but now that your account is verified, you can choose where you want the ads to appear.
You have two options: Let Google decide when and where to show ads or choose the exact places where the ads will be shown.
Step 4-Display Ads on your Website
Let Google Place Ads for You (Auto Ads)
If you go with this option, all you have to do is add the AdSense code to your website (once) and Google will automatically show ads in the best possible places. This is currently the recommended method to add ads to your website.
Create Custom Ad Units
If you don’t want to go with Auto Ads, the other option is to create custom ad units and add the code in the exact places you want the ads to appear on your site.
Click by ad unit, and select what kind of ad units to create.
What is Google AdSense matched content?
AdSense matched content ads is a new product that Google added in the AdSense family in April 2015. Matched content ads are promoting your site’s content to your site Visitors.
Matched content ads are not yet available to everybody. Google will send you an invitation, if your website is eligible to participate in the matched content ads program. Currently they are available to websites, which have many pages and good amount of traffic.
I just started to use Google AdSense Matched Content Ads around 2 months ago and I have seen increase in my AdSense Earnings.
Below is the Screenshot of my AdSense matched content on my Blog Post(Ginger Tea Best Brand 2021) and you can see very clearly that Google AdSense Matched content ads look like related posts and the beauty of it is, at the same time there are few ads available in it.
Google AdSense Matched content is a free recommendation tool from Google AdSense. It is the best way to promote your content to your Blog Readers or Visitors. It will give you code and it is the code, same way you get like your ad code. You need to place it on your website pages, where you want to show this ad.
This matched Content Ad will start showing related posts of your website based on the content in your particular post. Along with related posts of your website, it will also show some native type ads (if you had opted).
I am using this Matched Content Ad on my Recipeswihtmore.com Posts and I use in the end of the blog post, where it looks really beautiful and also I’m using it on my sidebar.
When you start using a matched content code, then you don’t have to use any other related posts plugins, because I love this ad due to it shows related posts as well.