In our day to day life, we face so many problems; such as- Education, Getting married and having the problem with spouse, Finical problems, health problems, not having Kids and if having Kids, then Problem with the Kids, problem to find good Job and problem with the house owner. I mean there are even more problems, which can come in someone’s life.
Stress is a natural physical and mental reaction to life experiences. Everyone expresses stress from time to time. So people can carry physical and psychological tensions, and these tensions can feed off of one another. Feeling physically tense can increase your psychological and emotional tensions in the long run.
Relaxing your body physically, can help to relieve psychological stress, and relaxing your mind can help you to physical relax and release tension in your body.
Learning to master techniques that enable both types of relaxation is a highly effective route to stress relief forever, which I can say with my own experience and that technique is Vipassana Meditation.
As we all know there are many types of Meditations to do and relax ourselves, but Vipassana is totally different technique, which helps to get rid from all our problems.
Risks of Long Term Stress
When stress stays long term and it become chronic, then it puts your health at risk.
- Sleeping problems, such as insomnia or nightmares
- Social isolation and loneliness
- People start taking drugs, Coffee and tea
- Poor performance at College and work
- Some people become very lazy and don’t like to work
- People have negative approach towards life
- People, who have so much stress in their life, they started to forget things
- Obesity and other eating disorders, because some people eat more in stress
- Skin and hair problems, such as acne, psoriasis, and eczema, and permanent hair loss
- Under stress, your heart also pumps faster.
What is Vipassana Meditation?
Vipassana, which means to see things as they really are, is one of India’s most ancient techniques of meditation. It was
rediscovered by Gotama Buddha more than 2500 years ago and was taught by him as a universal remedy for universal ills, i.e., an Art Of Living.
This non-sectarian technique aims for the total eradication of mental impurities and the resultant highest happiness of full liberation.
Vipassana is one of India’s oldest techniques of meditation, first taught 2,500 years ago. It is a practical method of self-awareness that allows one to face the tensions and problems of daily life in a calm and balanced way. To learn Vipassana Meditation one needs to develop one’s own experience during a residential ten day course.
Benefits of Relaxing your Mind & Body
- When you are relax, your mind and body both will be relax
- Relaxing can quiet your mind and make you feel more Calm and Peaceful. You can make your decisions more clearly, when your mind is peaceful.
- Relaxing helps your muscles to be less tense and more flexible.
- There are different ways to relax. You may find one or more ways help to calm you down and feel at peace.
- A more positive outlook on life and your experiences
- A healthier body, with a slower breathing rate, more relaxed muscles, and perfect blood pressure. Because I do my morning evening practices for last 21 years, whenever I go to doctor’s office for regular checkup, my doctor check my blood pressure, and she always say that I have perfect blood pressure.
How to relax your mind & body?
There are many ways to relax your mind and body. We all know that our mind and body are connected, so many relaxation methods work on both at the same time. To justify the answer examples are below:-
- Release Physical Tension with Yoga Poses: Yoga is for body, but when we do yoga to keep our body healthy and strong, it works not only for body, but also helps to relax our mind.
- Do Morning Walk: Especially morning walk really helps to release tensions, because morning environment is not polluted like in the day. So we get get fresh air and hear birds chirping, which is very soothing and help to relax our mind
- Start a Blog: True be honest starting a Blog really helpful to make you healthy. Believe me, since I started to work Online with my Blogs, I became more healthy, because I make myself all the time busy to write articles in my both blogs-easebedding.com and recipeswithmore.com. Also I have YouTube Channel. Working with my Blogs not only help me to stay healthy(Calm & Relax) but also I make money with it, which give me a lot of confidence.
- Connect to Nature: Spending just some time in nature, when you feel stressed, may help you relax. When you’re feeling stressed, take a step outside and go for a short walk, or simply go in car to see natural views. Here in Canada, we go in car in the winter to see natural scenes and feel fresh again and charged to do our work after coming back
- Vipassana Meditation: There are many types of meditations to relax your mind, but in my opinion, Vipassana is the best. When we do meditation, our mind become healthy and peaceful, because mediation helps to get rid from negative thoughts.
My own Real Story Of Relaxation
Find a relaxation technique that works for you and make it part of your daily routine.
In 1999, I learned Yoga first time in my life and in 2000, I did my first course of Vipassana Meditation with my husband and at that time, we used to live in Shimla, India. We went from Shimla to Igatpuri, Maharashtra to do our 10 Day course. After coming back to home, me and my husband we used to do meditation together and after one year, we moved to Canada permanently and started our new life again from Zero.
So much stress came in our life due to New Country, financial problems and so much more. Then my husband found center here, which was very close to us and he booked 10 day course for me. It took couple of months to get the course and with that course, my stress was gone and once again, I started to feel normal physically and mentally. Since than until now(Date 15 March , 2021, morning and evening I’m doing Vipassana Meditation. In the morning first I do Yoga from 30-40 minutes and one hour Meditation. Evening time, I do one hour Vipassana Mediation and Metta.