Zucchini Wali Moong Dal Recipe
Hi my friends, how are you today? I hope you all are fine.
Today in this post, you will learn new recipe, which is not only unique, but also very special and healthy at the same time. You know why? Because this dal is not only made from whole moong, but also it is combined with Zucchini.
I use Zucchini in Pakoras too. Overall I use it in my daily diet this way or that way, as you will see, we can also add it in dals. I mean incorporating zucchini in your diet can help to improve digestion including digestive issues.
Zucchini Health Benefits
Zucchini is rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory phytonutrients, which help to get rid the body from free Radicals and Excess Inflammation. Zucchini is a low-starch sabji. Which means it is low in carbohydrates and high in fiber. So it will fill you up and discourage overeating.
Green Mung Benefits
- Green gram or mung beans are suppose to improve the blood cholesterol levels and really good if eaten in the form of salads by sprouting them.
- Kids love it and when one is sick, mung dal is really good
- Kids are often suggested to be given moong khichdi as it is very good for health.
- Lentils are always high of proteins which help in building the body. So whole mung beans are high in proteins.
- It is very tasty and you can eat it with Roti, Paratha and also with Rice
Green Moong Dal or Sabut Mung Dal Recipe-Steps
This Dal recipe is made in pressure cooker.
- Soak sabut mung(whole green lentils) overnight
- Roast Jeera(cumin seeds) in pressure cooker
- Now add chopped onion, garlic and Ginger and stir for 2 seconds
- Right away add water and stir
- Add turmeric powder and stir
- Then add soaked lentils and all other spices-oregano leaves, Pink Himalayan Salt and pinch of Black pepper
- Stir everything and add enough water and give two whistles and when the steam is released automatically
- Then add chopped Zucchini and Chopped tomato
- Again give two whistles and let the steam released automatically
- When the steam is released, open the lid and mash the Zucchini with hand masher(it called madhani in Punjabi)
- Now add lots of chopped fresh coriander and serve it with Chapati, Rice and plain Paratha
- Also it can be eaten as a Soup