Coriander is a wonderful source of Dietary fiber, Iron and Magnesium. Also Coriander leaves are Rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin K and Protein.
Coriander commonly known as ‘dhaniya’ in the Indian Subcontinent and cilantro in America.
This herb is extensively used around the world as a Condiment, Garnish, or Decoration on Culinary dishes.
Coriander is a seed spice that’s been cultivated since Ancient times. Coriander is an annual herb.
The dried seeds are what we know as coriander, and they’ve been used as a culinary spice.
Coriander seeds and essential oil both have blood sugar-lowering effects on the human body.
The health benefits of coriander include its use in the treatment of skin inflammation, high cholesterol levels, diarrhea, anemia, and indigestion.
Coriander leaves are used in almost all Indian Homes and I love fresh Coriander leaves, especially when I have in my own Backyard Garden.
I use it for my all Indian dishes and sometimes make Coriander Juice.
All parts of the plant are edible, but the fresh leaves and dried seeds are most commonly used in Cooking.
Surprising Health Benefits of Coriander leaves
Like many fruits and vegetables, Coriander is a good source of antioxidants. Using Coriander in our daily diet is really beneficial for our Health.
- Tasty Chutney: We can make really tasty Chutney with Coriander
- Enhance taste when Garnish on Cooked Food: When you sprinkle fresh Chopped Coriander, then it enhances the taste of any Cooked food and even Salad
- Tasty fresh Juice: You can make fresh Coriander Juice at home in no time, which is really beneficial for your health and it will help to cure Nausea
- Prevents Anemia: Coriander is high in Iron, which directly help people, who suffer from Anemia. Low iron content in the blood can result in shortness of breath, heart palpitations, fatigue and a decrease in cognitive functions. Iron also benefits the proper functioning of other organs, increases. Strength, and promotes bone health.
- Lowers Blood Pressure: Coriander positively helps lower blood pressure in people suffering from hypertension. If one has the problem of high blood Pressure, then he or she should consume Coriander Juice daily in the Morning as a Routine, Coriander Juice Recipe Video
How to use Coriander & where I can find it?
Question: Coriander comes in many different forms, so you may be wondering what is the best way to use the leaves?
Answer: Fresh leaves are best, but you may not always have access to fresh coriander leaves all year round from your local Stores. The next best thing is to buy dried coriander leaves, or dried coriander seeds, which you can use in all kind of Soups, Dals and dishes.
Question: Where to Buy Coriander Leaves?
Answer: You can buy them in almost all, especially Indian Grocery Stores and even grow in your own Garden(even you can also grow in Pots)
Question: Where to Buy Dry Coriander Seeds?
Answer: You can Buy from any Indian Grocery Store, even Chalo fresho and No frills also have them, means easily you can find them or buy Online from Amazon as well.
How to Store Coriander fresh Leaves?
Answer: When we’ve in our own Garden, then there is no problem of storing it. But when when we buy from a Grocery Store and especially in Winter it is expensive, then first of all wash it nicely under running water, so there are no impurities. After that let it dry in the Room temperature and then put in any Plastic bag and make a whole in it, then it is fresh for a Week(keep in your Refrigerator).
Coriander Chutney is very tasty that you can make at Home very easily with few Ingredients; such as Amla, Onion, Green Chili, Coriander leaves and few Spices; such as Salt, Coriander Powder, Black pepper and Oregano leaves.