Make your own WordPress Blog today!
WordPress is a popular Blogging Software and a Content Management System. Whether you want a Personal Blog or full fledged Corporate Blog, WordPress is there for you to Create that Website you have been dreaming for a long time.
It is almost four years, when I started my Niche Site Ease Bedding Dot com.
At that time, I knows nothing about WordPress and by doing, reading, today I’m making around $500-700 monthly with this one Website only.
Not only this, now I’m having one more Websites on WordPress and that is Recipes with More Dot Com. So I mean WordPress is really easy to use and very Simple to Set up.
However it takes a while to learn and getting used to WordPress.
Once you learn WordPress, then you can Create all Sorts of Websites; such as Amazon Affiliate Site and even make money with it.
Nowadays if you’re interested to learn something, there is so much material available on the Internet.
Even you can get YouTube Videos, where someone is showing you ‘How to Create WordPress Website?’
You can watch those Videos absolutely for free, you don’t have to pay anything at all to watch them.
What you Need to start a Blog?
- Blogging Platform
- Register a Domain name and go with Site Ground Best Hosting
- Design your Blog
- Start Publishing Posts/Pages
- Start sharing your Posts on Social Media & Grow your Blog
Don’t Use Free Platforms to Create your Blog! Reasons are given Below:-
- They can DELETE your Blog any time without giving you any Reason and it happens to me when I was on Blogger Blog. Even they deleted my both Blogs. I was lucky enough that I was having Backup for one Blog and from that my Amazon Affiliate Site Ease Bedding was launched on Self-hosted WordPress. Now it is making around $500-700 monthly. But I lose my other Blog with almost 40-60 Articles.
- The Web Address of your Blog will be long and difficult to remember on free Blogging Platforms. For example it will be something like this(yourfreeblog.blogspot.com) and same thing on WordPress.com(Yourfreeblog.WordPress.com), which is not only tough to remember, but also looks weird.
- It is harder to Make Money on Free Blogging Platforms, if they allow, still not like here on Self-hosted WordPress.com
- On Self-hosted WordPress you can choose Theme according to your own choice and make beautiful design, but on free Platforms, it is not simple to create Elegant designs.
All theses limitations that are given above, stop you to waste your time on free Blogging Platforms.
Yes, in the beginning you can Start and learn as I did the same thing, but it is not advisable to continue over there forever.
Self hosted WordPress Blog- Simple Steps to Start
Here in this Post I’m going to walk you through the entire process of Setting up your Self-hosted Blog.
Choose Right Platform: Self-hosted WordPress
The most important thing while Starting a Blog is to choose a right Platform, where your Blog can grow over the time and bring a lot of Traffic from around the World.✔
There are so many Blogging Platforms available to choose from.
There are over 72 Million Active Users using WordPress today, which can give you the idea to choose WordPress rather than any other Platform.
Search for Domain Name & Web host Provider
Domain Name: This is your Personal Blog Address. For example; the Address of my this Blog is-https://www.recipeswithmore.com/. The cost of a Domain Name is usually $12-13 yearly.
Web Host: Now you need Web hosting to host your Domain and it will be home of your Blog Address and Content, which you’re going to write in your Blog as Posts/Pages. Without hosting you will be unable to use your Domain.
Where I can Buy Domain Name & Hosting?
When it comes to choose Hosting, then we have to take care for so many things.
Nowadays there are so many hosting Companies that can give you the same service, but what kind of Service they Provide, that matter a lot.
Poor Service or Good Service?
I tried many other hosting Companies, they are Okay, some of them Good, but from all of them, I like Site-ground most due to their Good and fast Service.
Now I recommend to go for SiteGround, because after using over for four years, I can say strongly that this hosting Company can give you full satisfaction for all their Services.
They have different kind of Plans that you can choose to Buy according to your Project.
Personally, I’m using it for my two Blogs, so that’s why I ask you to use it.
Why I’m Using SiteGround & Recommend SiteGround Only?
- SiteGround Web hosting is Crafted for Superior Experience. It has StartUp, GrowBig and GoGeek Plans to choose from them.
- They offer a Spectrum of hosting Solutions ranging from Shared Linux hosting(the affordable, versatile kind used by most Websites)All the way to Cloud and Dedicated Server Solutions for large Growing Websites.
- SiteGround is one of the fastest growing Independent hosting Companies.
- Here’s my SiteGroud hosting Review structured with Pros and Cons based on my own Experience with them for over Three years by the time of Updating this Post(Date: April 14, 2019).
- SiteGround make a lot of promises about Website Speed and I can say they fulfill what they promise.
- So Site Ground’s performance, Speed and Reliability are Major Pros for their Product.
- They do daily Backups, which is a really good Safety Net feature, in case your own Backups fail.
- For Beginner Websites, they also do Free Site Migration
- They Integrate well with Cloudflare CDN
- At their Go Geek Plan, they do free PCI Compliance and Free Git and Staging Areas.
- SiteGround has a free SSL, which rolls out at a Click of a Button. This Remove a big Obstacle to going HTTPS/SSL with WordPress.
- They also have direct Integrations with CDNs like CloudFlare.
If you’re really interested to Create a Site that can grow over the time, then Start Up starting PLAN is suitable for beginner Blogger and it is Cheap that anybody can afford it. You’ve to pay only $3.95
Disclosure – I receive referral fees from companies mentioned on this website. All opinions and data are based on my experience as a paying customer.
However you can always go with another Web Hosting Company as long as it’s Fast, Reliable and Offers Unlimited Storage and Bandwidth.
Set Up a Website on Your Own Domain Name at Self-hosted WordPress
Now you have fully working Self-hosted WordPress Website on your own Domain Name.
Select the Best quality Design Theme
One of the first things needed to start a WordPress blog is to select a good Quality Theme.
If you simply Google “best WordPress theme,” you will find hundreds of themes to choose from, and most of those Themes would be good.
Choose Theme, which has both options; Free and Paid. So when you start getting good amount of Traffic, then you can Buy it’s Premium Version.
But the surprising fact is that you would rarely find a theme suitable for every Blog, you need specific Theme for each Blog and it is really hard to find from so many Themes that are available in the market today.
While choosing your theme, make sure the Theme is Updated Often and Comes with Support.
Make Logo and Navigation Menu!
The Logo and Navigation Menu are two things, a Visitor encounters. Means your header should look good and Professional, even showcase what your Blog is all about?
Responsive WordPress Website Design:
It is found that most of the Global Internet Traffic is from Mobile and Tablet Devices.
Create Responsive Website , Which appear beautiful on touch based Screens or Smaller Screens.
Your Blog should Load Fast!
If your Website is not loading fast, bounce rate will increase for your Blog.
If you Buy hosting from SiteGround, then you’ll not face this problem.
To Create Simple and fast Loading Blog take care of these things
- Remove unnecessary Buttons, Widgets, Adds, Pop-ups
- Don’t use too many Plugins, but use only those, which are Really Good Plugins.
- Use the light weight Versions in place of the Official Buttons.