What is Lemongrass?
Lemongrass, also called citronella, is a tall, stalky plant.
It has a fresh, lemony aroma and a citrus flavor. Lemongrass essential oil is used in aromatherapy to freshen the air, reduce stress, and uplift the mood.
In food and beverages, lemongrass is used as a flavoring; such as-Lemongrass leaves are commonly used as “lemon” flavoring in herbal teas.
1. Refreshing Lemongrass Tea
- Lemongrass tea naturally has antibacterial and antifungal properties, which help your body to cope with Coughs, fever and other Cold and flu Symptoms.
- Lemongrass has a cooling effect which helps to soothe your stomach and keeps your digestive functions in check
- It contains a component called citral, which helps to digest food. It is also known as a helpful women’s health tisane, as it helps to alleviate menstrual pain and cramping.
- lemongrass tea is refreshing and clean with a lemony sweetness. Drink this tea hot or cold for an invigorating citrus indulgence.
- BREW HOT OR COLD: Premium Lemongrass tea comes in a beautiful eco-friendly packaging & compostable tea bags with whole leaf tea that tastes as good as it looks. You can brew the tea HOT or COLD to enjoy refreshing cup or glass to fit any situation.
- Lemongrass tea is your detox tea. It is packed with antioxidants that help in detoxing and cleansing you from within. It helps in removal of toxins from the body by relieving fluid retention.
- Lemongrass has a cooling energy which helps to soothe your stomach and keeps your digestive functions in check. It contains a component called citral that helps to digest food. Therefore, it is mostly served after dinner.
A refreshing beverage, lemongrass tea is delightfully healthy. The citrusy flavours of lemongrass blend beautifully and make a delicious cup of herbal tea. This perennial plant can be grown easily in your Backyard Garden or indoors as a potted plant. It requires nothing more than some sun, Rich soil and plenty of water. The pleasant citrusy taste is like a reminder of bright and cheerful days. As the name suggests, lemongrass has the fragrance of lemon but it is milder and sweeter in taste.
Lemongrass tea may help treat oral infections and cavities. Thanks to its antimicrobial properties. According to a 2012 in vitro study published by the National Institutes of Health Trusted Source, lemongrass essential oil showed antimicrobial abilities against Streptococcus mutans bacteria, the bacteria most responsible for tooth decay.
Inflammation is thought to play a role in many conditions, including heart disease and stroke. According to the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, two of the main compounds in lemongrass, citral and geranial, are thought to be responsible for its anti-inflammatory benefits.
These compounds are said to help stop the release of certain inflammation-causing markers in your body.
3. Relieving anxiety
Many people find sipping hot tea to be relaxing, but lemongrass tea may offer further anxiety-reducing properties.
According to the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, smelling lemongrass may help people with anxiety. Although some people already inhale lemongrass essential oil to relieve stress and anxiety, researchers still need more evidence to be able to confirm this benefit.
4. Lowering cholesterol
According to an article in the Journal of Advanced Pharmaceutical Technology & Research, consuming lemongrass extracts appears to lower cholesterol in animals.
The study notes that the reaction is dose-dependent. This means that larger quantities of lemongrass might lower cholesterol further.
5. Lemongrass Helps in Digestion
Lemongrass has a cooling Energy which helps to soothe your stomach and keeps your digestive functions in check. It contains a component called citral that helps to digest food.
6. A VERSATILE HERB
Lemongrass is not only a reliable seasoning for cooking, but it is also a great condiment and a staple in the making of skin care products and essential oils.
7. Lemongrass & Ginger Herbal Tea
8. Lemongrass tea Detox
Lemongrass tea can be your detox tea, because it is packed with antioxidants, which help in detoxing and cleansing you from within. It also helps in removal of toxins from the body by relieving fluid retention.