Ways to Make Money on Amazon in 2021
There are many ways to make money Online and one of them is Amazon. Today in this particular article you’ll learn to earn money with Amazon in 10 different ways.
1. Sell Products With Amazon FBA
FBA stands for “fulfillment by Amazon.” FBA is beneficial to sellers because it puts the force of Amazon’s distribution network behind your products. To sell with FBA, there are some steps that are written below:-
- Become an Amazon seller. You can join Amazon Seller Central for $39.99/month.
- Send your products to Amazon. Ship your inventory to an Amazon fulfillment center so that they can distribute it for you
- Wait for customers to buy. When someone Buy your product directly from the Amazon platform, Amazon will deliver the order for you. You could always ship the products yourself to avoid extra Amazon fees. FBA is the best way to sell products at scale.
If you can buy products for a lower price and mark them up, you can make money with Amazon FBA Program. It takes some time to learn the tricks. My son did this for some time, but now he stopped it, because he is very busy with his full time Engineering Job.
Pros of Amazon FBA
- Amazon handles the entire distribution process for you, eliminating the need to worry about shipping.
- Your products are hosted on the Amazon platform where millions of people shop every day, which makes the Sale easy.
Cons of Amazon FBA
- You need to sell a physical product in enough volume to turn a profit. This can be a barrier to entry for some sellers.
To begin, register to start selling on Amazon and you can sign up for Amazon FBA.
2. Retail Arbitrage
Sourcing inventory from overseas means you’ll have to pay hefty shipping costs. Lots of sellers avoid this by leveraging retail arbitrage.
Retail arbitrage is essentially the process of buying inventory from local retailers and then selling them on Amazon for a good profit.
You can go to your local Walmart, Target, Best Buy Stores etc. and search for discounted products(means that are on Sale). Then simply list those items on Amazon with a markup.
You could also consider online arbitrage. Buy directly from these websites and benefit from free shipping. But usually, the best discounts are found in-store. As we all know that Ebay is another good Online way for finding cheap products to sell.
Pros of retail arbitrage on Amazon
- It can be fun to source deals if you enjoy bargain hunting.
- You don’t have to start with a huge inventory of products.
Cons of retail arbitrage on Amazon
- Retail arbitrage is very time consuming to do at scale.
- Retail arbitrage is a popular way to sell, and is therefore a competitive space.
3. Publish Your Own Books
If you’re are a good writer and love to write, then you can publish digital books through Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP). If you publish your book, then it will be available on Kindle stores across the globe in 24-48 hours.
Amazon lets you set your own prices for self-published books. You’ll earn up to 70% of royalties on Kindle sales.
You can also make changes to your content at any time.
Pros of publishing on Amazon
- It’s a great way to make extra money if you’ve written book(s) already.
- It’s free to publish your eBook, allowing you to see your name in print without a traditional publisher.
Cons of publishing on Amazon
- You have to be a fairly prolific writer to make money selling eBooks on Amazon.
- You have to do all of your own marketing without a traditional publisher to help sell your book.
4. Sell Wholesale Products
Instead of targeting consumers, you can sell products in bulk via Amazon Business.
This is a B2B marketplace on Amazon. It provides business customers with special prices and the convenience of shopping with Amazon.
As a seller in the Amazon Business marketplace, you’ll have unique business features. For example, you’ll have the ability to accept requests for quotes. Amazon allows you to display different quality and diversity certifications on your page as well.
More than 100 companies are Amazon Business customers and also 50% of the biggest hospitals in the United States and 40%n of local governments in densely populated cities buy from B2B marketplace.
Pros of Amazon Business
- You may be able to reach more customers than you could without the use of Amazon’s large platform.
- The program includes access to unique features including the ability to offer quantity and business pricing.
Cons of Amazon Business
- Amazon Business is best for established businesses, which may be a high barrier to entry.
5. Sell Products Under Amazon’s Private Brands
The Amazon Accelerator program is an incentive for manufacturers to create their own brands with innovative products. You’ll sell those products exclusively on Amazon as a private brand Supplier.
Amazon guides you through the entire onboarding process, providing you with useful tools to create your brand. You’ll also benefit from a suite of marketing support.
If you’re unsure about what types of products will perform good, Amazon can facilitate product testing and customer feedback.
For those of you with direct access to manufacturing, becoming an Amazon Accelerator brand can be a great way to make some cash with substantial margins through this marketplace.
Pros of Amazon Accelerator
- It’s great if you have an idea for a product but don’t know how to sell and market it. Then it is very helpful.
Cons of Amazon Accelerator
- You have to sell your product exclusively on Amazon, so you won’t be able to set up your own shop or sell through other retailers, which is big barrier.
6. Sell Handmade Goods
There is a high demand for handcrafted goods these days, because Customers love to buy handmade Products and I’m one of them. If you’re crafty and have a passion for making things at home, you can join Amazon Handmade.
Sellers from more than 80 different countries are selling handcrafted products via Amazon.
Amazon has an artisan-only application and audit process. This ensures that the products are genuinely handcrafted.
The pricing for handmade sellers is very straightforward. There are no hidden fees or listing fees at all. You’ll just pay a 15% referral fee to Amazon for each sale made.
Pros of Amazon Handmade
- You may be able to reach more customers than you could without the use of Amazon’s large platform.
Cons of Amazon Handmade
- The fees can be higher than other online marketplaces.
- You have to keep up with demand fluctuations for your product.
7. Create Custom Merchandise With Merch by Amazon
If you are a Creative person and love to make beautiful designs, then Merch by Amazon might be the good idea for you to start with it and Make Money Online.
Merch by Amazon can turn your idea into a reality.
All you have to do is upload your design. Then simply select a product type and color.
Amazon will create a product page for you. They’ll also take care of all production, shipping, and customer service. You’ll earn a royalty for every product sold that you designed.
There are no upfront costs to join Merch by Amazon. But you will need to fill out an application to be considered for the program. Not everyone will qualify.
Pros of Merch by Amazon
- You can express your design creativity without worrying about production and shipping.
Cons of Merch by Amazon
- Fees may be higher than other online marketplaces.
How to Make Money on Amazon Without Selling?
I love this way to Make Money Online with Amazon, because here I have no worries, no fees at all.
Just I have to write articles on my Websites on different topics and need Traffic to buy those products, which I list through Amazon Affiliate Links.
This business model allow you to make money on Amazon without selling even a physical product. Just you have to send the traffic through your links.
1. Amazon Affiliate Marketing
Leverage your existing website or blog by joining the Amazon Associates program.
This is a great way to make money on Amazon without selling anything. The program allows you to earn up to 10% in advertising fees from qualified purchases.
Examples of commissions by product category as of May 2021 include:
- Luxury beauty and Amazon coins — 10%
- Furniture, home, home improvement — 3%
- Lawn & garden, pets products, pantry — 3%
- Physical books, kitchen, and automotive — 4.5%
- Digital music, groceries, physical music, handmade, digital videos — 5%
You can view the full Associates Program standard fees schedule here.
It’s easy to join and get approved. Amazon also provides you with a wide range of linking tools to embed on your website.
Since Amazon is so ubiquitous these days, you end up getting commissions on all sorts of random products, which people buy during the cookie window after clicking your affiliate link. If you can build high traffic sites and get lots of clicks to your affiliate links, the earnings add up fast.
Pros of Amazon Associates
- You don’t have to source inventory.
- It’s easy to set up and get approved if you already have a website.
Cons of Amazon Associates
- If you don’t already have a website that earns traffic, there is a high barrier to entry. So you need a website, which is getting at least some traffic.
2. Sell Professional Services
Most people don’t realize it, but Amazon is more than just a marketplace for tangible products. You can also sell professional services through Amazon Services.
There are no upfront costs or monthly fees to join this program. You’ll only pay a portion of your revenue share for completed jobs based on the service type offered.
Some popular service categories include:
- Apparel and jewelry
- Consumer electronics
- Health and beauty
- Home maintenance
- Lawn care and landscaping
Both freelancers and registered businesses can join Amazon Services. So if you have a skill that falls into one of these categories, apply online to join the network.
Pros of Amazon Services
- You can reach a large network of people without a website or social media following.
Cons of Amazon Services
- You pay a commission to Amazon, which cuts into your profits.
3. Work From Home as an Amazon Rep
You can get a job working directly for Amazon from the comfort of your own home. The customer service team supports 16 languages from over 130 locations worldwide.
Many of Amazon’s employees work remotely.
You can become a virtual customer service representative and do the same. If you want to help Amazon customers while sitting at your own home, then this job is for you.
Amazon is constantly updating its Customer Service Associate jobs. Check this page to see if there’s a full-time or part-time job you meet the qualifications that you have. Then simply apply online for it.
Pros of working as an Amazon representative
- You may have access to Amazon’s employee benefits like a 401k and healthcare.
- You can work from home either part or full time.
Cons of working as an Amazon representative
You will have to apply for the job, and not everyone will meet the qualifications.’